02 October 2008

yes, a fig the size of my fist...

Last night I believe I ate what must have been at least 5 cups of cream between them in the most delicious pumpkin soup and a small plate of warm leeks. I then cooed to a black and white cat that was strutting around the restaurant trying to get attention by ignoring everyone. We then proceeded to get ice cream. Well actually I surprisingly did not get ice cream, but smoked a much needed cigarette, which at the time was much more satisfying then more cream if you can believe it. We walked by the river and looked like tourists ohhing and ahhing at every building and admiring the beauty of them all.
This morning I ate a fig the size of my fist, fresh baguette with smoked salt butter, prune yogurt, an egg with an orange yolk, coffee, and a fresh madeleine....
It was as delicious as it sounds. I may not return, the figs are so good and the baguettes are so crunchy..

No comments: